Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Forbidden words

Forbidden words is a fun and challenging game that you can play at home! For this session, we chose yes and no as the words the students could not say. I would ask them questions like, "Do you like ice cream for dessert?" They would have to think of a way that they could answer this questions without saying one if the forbidden words. They came up with things like:
- I love ice cream! 
- yummy! 
- I prefer cake for dessert
- I would eat it all the time! 

Or questions like do you like pepperoni pizza?
- I like cheese pizza the most. 
- it's not my favorite
- delicious! 

We also tried one with forbidden color words like red. I ask students to tell me everything they know about an object like a strawberry:
- I eat those for dessert
- they grow on little plants
- they have tiny seeds and green leaves
- I love them in a shortcake! 

Try expanding on this at home and let us know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment